Insurance & Bonds
Odebrecht companies have the support of Odebrecht Administradora e Corretora de Seguros Ltda., a captive brokerage that stewards tangible and intangible assets by identifying, mitigating,and making available surety lines and insurance for contracts, as well as creating integrated solutions for projects and businesses.
In this segment, the company maintains long-term relations with the global insurance market, particularly in the area of surety bonds.
For 19 years, Odebrecht has operated an international line of insurance and bonds, placing over USD 13.8 billion in surety bonds without a single claim.
INSURANCE & BOND COVERAGE
(at December 31, 2008)
Engineering & Construction
- USD 19.7 billion in risk insurance and other.
- USD 4.5 billion in surety bonds.
- USD 47 million in asset insurance and other.
Ethanol & Sugar
- USD 544 million in asset insurance and other.
Chemicals & Petrochemicals
- USD 17.9 billion in asset insurance and other.
- USD 156 million in surety bonds.