Latin America and Angola
Coastal Beltway in Panama
Odebrecht began its first international operations in 1979 by working on projects in Peru and Chile. Then, in 1984, the Group established a presence in Angola. As it marks the 30th anniversary of providing Engineering & Construction services around the globe, Odebrecht is still active in Latin America and Angola, which are among its main spheres of operations.
In Latin America, in addition to Brazil and Venezuela, the company is currently active in Argentina, Bolivia, Mexico, Panama, Peru and the Dominican Republic.
In Angola, as well as providing Engineering & Construction services, Odebrecht invests in the following areas:
- diamonds, through SDM – Sociedade de Desenvolvimento Mineiro de Angola (in partnership wtih Endiama – Empresa Nacional de Diamantes de Angola) and Sociedade Mineira de Catoca (in partnership with Endiama, Alrosa and Daumonty Finance);
- biofuels, through Biocom – Companhia de Bioenergia de Angola Ltda. (in partnership with Sonangol – Sociedade Nacional de Petróleos de Angola, and the Damer Group);
- real-estate, investing in housing and commercial developments (USD 606 million in sales in 2008).
Luiz Mameri, Executive Vice President for Latin America and Angola
Highlights in 2008
- Awarded contract to build the Paraná de las Palmas water treatment plant
- Awarded contract for Puerto Callao container terminal
- Awarded contract for Sisa-Cuñumbuque Highway
- Completion of Iquitos clean water supply system
- Awarded contracts to build the Dos Mares hydroelectric plant and the Panama City Beltway
- Contracts awarded: Huambo Logistics and Distribution Center, Ekunha-Cusse Highway, Marginal Sudeste Route and the Revitalization of Mártires Kifangondo.
- Completion of the Morada dos Reis gated community, facilities for the Education, Work and Development Program, and the Pungo-Andongo Farm, works to regulate the Coporolo, Cavaco and Catumbela rivers and prevent flooding, and construction of Luanda/Viana expressways.
Roadways in Luanda, Angola
- Completion of a stretch of the Bioceanic Corridor
Bioceanic Corridor in Bolivia